In order to be accepted into the SIT TESOL Certificate Certificate course,
1) possess a high school diploma.
2) show interest in teaching ESOL at a level that a TESOL Certificate
3) have a positive attitude regarding experiential learning activities
and working in groups. This means that they are not only willing to fully
participate in such activities, but also recognize the value in doing
4) demonstrate English language proficiency by way of the application
process (equivalent TOEFL 550 non-native speakers*).
5) participate in an informal phone interview conducted by an SIT trainer.
Key factors for interview:
- educational background
- appropriateness of the course for the applicant's needs/goals
- attitude regarding experiential and collaborative learning and group
- language proficiency
*Non-native speakers of English must demonstrate English language
proficiency by way of the application process (equivalent TOEFL 550 non-native
speakers) Note: Upon acceptance, it is not guaranteed that a non-native
speaker will receive a certificate. If it is judged by the trainers that
the participant's level of English is not such as to be credible to intermediate
and advanced level ESL/EFL students and yet all other requirements are
met, the participant may receive a Letter of Learning in lieu of the SIT